Our Club House is a modern structure that incorporates a large function room with licenced bar and galley facilities, as shown on the photos below.
To support the sailing activities there are extensive changing facilities with lockers and showers.
The Club has a large compound for storage of boats with easy access to the beach and mooring facilities.
The Club has a pillar crane that has a capacity of 2 Tonne which can be used for launching small cruisers and larger dinghies such as Flying Fifteens.
The Club facilities are available for the use of the members all the days of the week and there are no restrictions on when you wish to sail.
For details of our Moorings Facilities please refer to our Moorings Page.
Our function room is available for hire by members or the public for special events. Click here for details of Room Hire.
Boats & Equipment, For Sale and Wanted
NOW WOULD BE A REALLY GOOD TIME TO TIDY THE SAILING KIT AND SEE WHAT YOU CAN SELL - there is no charge, just send a description contact details and price in word format and if possible a picture, jpeg format is best, and see if the web site can buy or sell for you! Email here with details. If you sell your boat or equipment please let us know so we can remove the advert, thanks.
Open to Sunderland Yacht Club Members only.
Boat Share Opportunity (16/04/2018)
Folkboat to share
Location & Directions
Sunderland Yacht Club,
Old North Pier, Roker, Sunderland, Tyne and Wear, SR6 0PN
Meets on the Second Monday in the month
The Commodore presides at the General Committee
- President - Bob Elliott
- Commodore -Gordon Spencer
- Vice Commodore - Simon Wilkinson
- Rear Commodore - Phil Lingwood
- Rear Commodore - Elizabeth Arkle
- Honorary Secretary - Sheila Harrison
- Honorary Treasurer - John Wilkinson
- Hon. Assistant Secretary - Position Vacant
- Hon. Assistant Treasurer -Gwen Parkin
Elected Committee Members
- Alan Dickson -Phil Lingwood- Peter Mitchell - Mike Meadowcroft
- David Marchbanks - Michael Wilson - Julie Colborn - Sue Ayerst
- Arthur Ketley - Bill Ward - John Bruce - Eric Middlemas - Helen Hardy
- William Maughan - Robert Ayrest
Meets on the Last Monday of the Month
- Chairman- Phil Lingwood
- Secretary - Sheila Harrison
- Treasurer - Brian Purdy
- David Wheldon
- David Ward
- John Robertson
- Will Mitchell
- Billy Maughan
- Gary Rutherford
The Moorings Committee meet as required
- Chairman- Paul Middlemas
- Secretary - Mike Meadowcroft
- Treasurer - Jim Williamson
- Bosun - Keith Ellison
- Crane Keys - Arthur Ketley
- Fred Atkinson - Paul Middlemas - Jeff Ellis - Alex Stephenson
- Neil Burdon - Andrew Watson
- Chairman- Elizabeth Arkle
- Sailing School Principal - Lynn Wilkinson
- Jim Williamson - Alan Dixon - Kristina Jameson
- Daniel Rooney - Paul Nicholson
The House Committee meet as required
- Chairman- Arthur Ketley
- Alan Dixon - Peter Mitchell
Development and Marketing
- Chairman- TBA
Chairman- Jim Williamson
- Alan Dixon - David Wheldon - David Ward
The main Club lounge is available for hire for private parties, functions, weddings, christenings, meetings, training sessions and conferences. For organised functions the bar can be made available up to 12:00 midnight.
To enquire about or make a room booking please use our Contact Form. Or ring 0191 5675133
From our 2nd floor lounge and bar area we have panoramic views over the harbour and sea.
Disabled access is via a lift.
- Room capacity up to 100
- Tea / Coffee
- Bar facilities
For details of our hire conditions and rates please follow the link. Note for evening bookings the room hire charge has been suspended.
Normal Bar opening hours
19:00 - 23:00
19:00 - 23:00
11:00 - 18:00
11:00 - 18:00
Views of Our Clubhouse
(Click on the picture below for a slide view. If you then hover over the left or right of the expanded slide show images you will see the Previous/Next controls enabled - or simply use your keyboard cursor keys on a laptop/desktop.)