In going live on Monday 17th February 2014 we still have a few issues to resolve, some of which happenbed when we moved from the tested version hosted on a test site and onto the live version. We hope this does not spoil your enjoyment of the site and we are working to resolve these issues as soon as we can.
- The RSS Syndication Feed (the orange/brown symbol to the left of the search box on the home page) should appear on all pages and generate syndication of any page to Facebook (or any destination requested by an RSS Feed user). Currently due to a bug in the software the feed only appears on the home page. An alternative solution is being sought.
- (Resolved Tues 18/2/2014) Sadly, the slide show at the top of the home page appears as a set of frames down the page instead of the beautiful automatic and interactive slide show it should be. The problem has been identified and will be resolved asap.
- (Resolved Tues 18/2/2014) Due to the same related problem the tabs on the home page are displayed as headings and linear text and thus not quite as nice.
- If you have a Windows 8 tablet/Surface using Internet Explorer Mobile Version 10 then the main menu will appear but you will have difficulty accessing the sub-menus. Our apologies. This is a known Internet Explorer bug we are seeking to work around. In the meanwhile you can navigate round the site using:
- The site map (also accessible from the footer of the page) and
- Use the site search facility which is comprehensive.
Let us know if you find any other problems.
The SYC Web Team